The National Cyber League (NCL) Player Ambassador Board is lead by:
Chief Player Ambassador, CryptoKait
Assistant Chief Player Ambassador, JeanaByte
Assistant Chief Player Ambassador, WebWitch
Lead Player Ambassador, Meredith “MistressVenom” Kasper
Lead Player Ambassador,
Tristan “wolfshirtz” Messner
The Real Heroes/Heroines
They are supported by the fantastic Player Ambassadors below:
Player Ambassadors in Training
New to the Team for the very first time:
(Info Coming Soon!)
As Player Ambassadors, our #1 goal is to promote diversity and inclusion in the Information Security and Technology industry. We want to make sure everyone feels welcome and has a positive and approachable pathway into the industry.
Chief Player Ambassador, Kaitlyn “CryptoKait” Bestenheider
What do we do?
First and foremost, we create coaching content through several platforms. Most notably is of course this blog. Additionally, during the NCL seasons, we produce Thursday Night Live Coaching and Training via CrowdCast.
That being said, we do some fun projects, too! Thanks to WebWitch, we have Player Ambassador created Spotify Playlists for players to jam to while they play.
Additionally, we host Conference CTFs with Coaching Centers. Unlike regular competitions, we like to host a Coaching Center where players, faculty, and potential coaches can come receive training on the CTF. Our favorite is our WiCyS Coaching Center! What we do different is that we do NOT tell you how to solve the challenge. We help teach you how to work through challenges that you cannot solve in a way that teaches you to solve other challenges you may stumble upon in the NCL Games and your career. We don’t want to teach you to solve ONE challenge. We want to teach you how to work through ANY challenge.
But what I love the most is that our team stands as shining examples of the effect of hands-on learning. We have Player Ambassadors that are in High School and Player Ambassadors who are now in the workforce. But most importantly, our Player Ambassadors are former players who succeeded in the NCL Games and want to see EVERYONE succeed as well.
NCL Player Ambassador Initiatives
We have a TON of projects in the works right now, but here are some of our favorites:
- The Official NCL Coaching Guide – This is the only officially recognized resource for new players who are coaching themselves or others for the first (or 50th) time. Updates to this will be more useful to faculty coaches in the very near future.
- Feature Friday – YOUR time to shine. We want to highlight entry level professionals expertise by featuring them as a guest writer on this blog.
- NCL Player Ambassador Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Board (PA-DIAB) – A committee designed to help to ensure that all Player Ambassador initiatives meet the diverse needs of our player community.
- Thursday Night Live Coaching – A way for players and coaches to engage with the NCL Player Ambassadors and have all of their NCL related questions answered live.
- Club Resources – We want there to be more extra curricular activities for cyber students and have a collection of resources available to end.
How Can You Help!?
And at this time, we are still accepting applications to join our team, but will only review applications as positions become available.
If you would like to become an NCL Player Ambassador, please fill out this form.
- Take your time.
- Say as much or as little as you feel is appropriate.
- You may only submit one application. Multiple applications will not be reviewed.
- Be yourself.
- Have confidence.
Please note. We will only reach out if we are interested in having you join our team. Ambassador applications are accepted year-round, but applications will only be reviewed during our recruiting periods in-between seasons. Thank you in advance.Kaitlyn Bestenheider, Chief Player Ambassador