Use the provided packet capture to answer these questions about FTP traffic.
(use file: NCL-NetworkTraffic-FTP.pcap)
- What was the first username/password combination attempt made to log in to the server? ex. ‘user/password’
- What software is the FTP server running? (Include name and version)
- What is the first username/password combination that allows for successful authentication? ex. ‘user/password’
- What is the first command the user executes on the ftp server?
- What file is deleted from the ftp server?
- What file is uploaded to the ftp server?
- What is the MD5 sum of the uploaded file?
- What file does the anonymous user download?
Check your answers here.
Kait’s Coaching Tips for this challenge can be found here.